Moonglow Vintage Boat
Vintage model boat Moonglow from Vic Smeed reworked and redrawn for cnc by rbckits.com
The Moonglow is completely cnc cut in 3mm poplar ply and is a real father & son project.
very easy to build and to sail, takes 6 to 16 nicad cells or lead battery or lipo cells and from a speed 600 to a speed 700 or brushless.
It is not a high performance boat but just fun for starting this great hobby.
Takes simple glues and household paint no need for difficult finishing.
Very easy for youngsters & beginners.
In the Moonglow Kit:
- 7 sheets cnc cut poplar ply.including motor stand.
- Spraystrips and spruce lining
- Window glazing from pvc
- You need for the moonglow:
- Motor , from speed 600-to speed 700 or brushless
- speed controller that fits
- Cells , nicad or lead works fine , or take lipo
- Shaft with prop approx 300mm
- Rudder set
- Radio Control set
Pictures from the build steps and the finished Moonglow
very simple easy building
Use white glue or ca
simple spraystrip helps a lot
The Moonglow has a nice speed range, it also turns very well.